Brass Token is an independent game studio that develops third person story-driven action games. Led by AAA industry veterans we are looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Lead to help bring an original melee-action horror title to PC and multiple consoles.
As the Quality Assurance Lead, you will manage and delegate tasks to the QA team, maintain multiple bug databases, and communicate with the development and publisher QA teams to ensure efficient resolution. You should have a broad understanding of QA best practices and be able to impart these to others on the team through oversight, documentation, and most importantly communication. Additionally you should have experience shipping a AAA game to both PC and consoles. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and common workflows so that you can more adeptly manage the overall QA process as it relates to the development team.
The studio is based in Vancouver, BC and while we will be working remotely for the foreseeable future, our intention is to return to a part-time remote/office workplace setting once things are safe.
- Identify, reproduce, and report bugs to appropriate members of the development team.
- Report on the states of bugs, features, and gameplay balance.
- Facilitate communication between the QA team and the producer, publisher, and development team.
- Manage the different aspects of QA best practices to ensure that the QA team has all the resources required to work as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Develop new and update old QA training programs and documentation.
- Analyze upcoming content to determine at-risk areas and create contingency plans to more effectively test them.
- Ensure that all members of the QA Team maintain an efficient, high quality workflow, which verifies that every aspect of the game has been tested.
- Manage multiple bug databases through creating, prioritizing, tracking, and assigning bugs.
- Work closely with a community manager upon release to allow for live issue reporting, and prioritization.
- 3+ years of video game QA testing experience, and 1+ years of experience in a QA leadership role.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA video game to both console and PC in a QA role.
- Experience with bug tracking and project management software (we use Jira).
- Deeply familiar with QA methodology, standard practices, and what is required for a game to be released on both PC and consoles.
- Understanding of the certification and submission requirements for console and PC platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for working with others both remotely and in person.
- Experience with Jira, Slack, and Discord.
- Experience working with outsourcers and external partners.
- An understanding of development processes using Unreal Engine 4.
- A passion for story-based games.
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org